NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I went for Flounder a couple of times a few weeks ago (i'm in jersey, so the season didn't close until the end of Dec.). Herring last week, and going for herring again tommorrow. Planning on going for either Blacks or ling in the next few weeks. Also waiting for enough ice to build up (which shouldn't take long as most coves are already frozen) to hit my favorite spots. Lakes are really low, so I'm hoping with the fish packed together, the fishing will be great.
Also, hoping to get in a few trips with my small boat out on Round Valley Reservoir for Lake trout during hte winter.
I'll be thinking of you all in a couple of weeks when I'm down in Florida. Helping a friend move down there, and I'm hoping to convince the wife to go out on a trip or two, since I've never been down that way before.
By the way, does anyone have any suggestions for any boats in the Clearwater, Fla area? What types af fish do they catch in that area? Should I bring my own equipment, or use the boats equipment? If I should bring my own, what should I bring?
Thanks alot for any help.
Tight lines if you are fishing, or keep warm if you're not!

~spinfreak~

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
I thin kI've dome more fishing the past month than I did in June/July/August!!

Blackfish in Sheepshead. togtogtog!!
Tried for pickeral/LMB in Prospect Park.
Ice fishing soon.
Maybe more Blackfishing at the end of the month?
Maybe an offshore Sea Bass trip?
A C&R trip out of Connetquot is definitely in the running. I got a few fly rods collecting dust and a bunch of flies that need to get wet.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Been blackfishing just about every weekend and will be heading to Hyannis, for the second time, this Sunday. Can't beat late season blackfishing at the Jersey reef and 17 Fathoms and then codfishing out of Mass! The best of both worlds!

Fatal Attraction

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Cold??? It ain't cold yet!!! Not until there's icicles hanging from the guides...then its COLD ;)

Been doing some ling and blackfish trips and will probably do a few more...especially one at the end of this month ;) I need me a doubledigit tog to end the season. TOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOGTOG!!!
Maybe a cod trip too...

got tog?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Spinfreak,
Ive fished that area fo Florida, a good captain to call is Rick Knox-absolute flats of Clearwater, his web site is http:/mall.cftnet.com/fishknox/, if your going to go form shore try the anclote
power plant. Bring a light and medium spinner and use lures for jacks,pompano,and permit.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks for the info. Was looking more for party boat info, but the charter prices are pretty cheap, so I might go that route.
If I recall correctly, florida has a saltwater license. Correct? If so, does anybody know what the cost is? I'm guessing that they have a temporary license for visitors.
Anybody else have any info on boats or shore fishing in the clearwater, florida area?
~thanks~

~spinfreak~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.