NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Crash. Congrats on the forum! My brother lives on a lake in Denville that is stacked with muskees.. 45 minutes away.. He caught one last year on a schoolbus bomber in Muddy conditions.. I'm curious to know what saltwater lures you would use for Muskees? I know the bomber is a little small, but it worked..

Thanks for the answer!

ErikT

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey Eric, thanks, muskie lake huh? gonna have to let me invade that one :)

Bombers are a great muskie lure, trolled or cast. Any wide wobble, lots of commotion lure will work on muskies, you just have to figure out what kind of retrieve or speed they want.

Rockland Lake put out a 40" fish to a chrome Atom popper. The guy was using a surf spinning rod too!

Do you know if those are Hybrids (Tiger) or True Strain?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I spent the better part of four year in Minnesota chasing those toothy critters with my saltwater tackle that came with me from Connecticut. I had plenty of success throwing striper and bluefish plugs, lures, spoons, plastics at them. I even scored one with a parachute jig utilizing the same technique used in the NE.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I spent the better part of four year in Minnesota chasing those toothy critters with my saltwater tackle that came with me from Connecticut. I had plenty of success throwing striper and bluefish plugs, lures, spoons, plastics at them. I even scored one with a parachute jig utilizing the same technique used in the NE.

·
Registered
321 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.