NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with online rx purchases? I'm at the beginning of a 90 day wait before my new insurance kicks in and have developed a rather nasty respiratory infection. 3 months is too long to wait as its not improving. I'm afraid that seeing a doctor now will adversely affect or negate my pending policy. All I want is a z-pack of antibiotics. Are these sites illegal and more importantly do they actually ship real medication or will I be getting mexican sugar tablets? Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
Don't screw around if you have a real infection...

An acute respiratory infection is not going screw up any medical insurance as a "disqualifying pre-existing medical condition." See a doctor or go to one of the "Doc in the Box" places for the visit and the prescription.

You need the antibiotics NOW so the delay in going on-line is not a smart thing.

This post edited by Roccus7 08:21 AM 01/04/2008

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys. I'm currently self employed and up until 3 days ago was a heavy smoker... New Years resolution. It took some doing just to get considered for coverage. Guess I shouldnt have watched the last Mike Meyers movie. Its got me thinking that if I so much as stub my toe, I'm a*s out. Truth be told, my real fear is that its something worse and it will definitely put the kabosh on any potential coverage. No evidence, just a looming fear. Days like this make me wish I had taken that union job 20 yrs. ago.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
There are some bad things going around, so it pays to get it checked out. These things are much cheaper and easier to deal with when you don't wait too long.
If you pay cash at a doctors office, there is no way the insurance company would find out unless you tell them. Unless of course if you have to be hospitalized, then they will find out.. but if you need hospitalization, nothing else matters. Your health is the only thing you got.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.