NorEast Fishing Forum banner

rubber flounder imatation

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  BayRat166 
#1 ·
i remember seeing a link for a rubber flounder imataion here on noreast. does anyone know where you can buy a lure simaler to a petri fish online?

#7 ·
aja962 wrote:
I never caught a thing with it....but good luck.

That's because 75% of the lures on the market are designed to catch FISHERMEN, not fish!

I guess when flounder were abundant, these worked. I don't remember beacuse back then, stripers were scarce!
Catch 22?:rolleyes:

#13 ·
Hey... why not just take a standard swimbait (like a generic one or a Hurricane shad, the ones with a flattened, tapered belly) and rig it so that it is sideways in the water? You could put the hook in the squared-off "nose," but put the point out where the pectoral fin would be on a real fish. You can buy these baits in every color imaginable, but-to be as natural as possible- should match the sand on the bottom, as Flounder change color to coordinate with their color. Light sand, a regular yellow or white lure would work, but on dark sand, you could paint one side of the lure and seal it up with, like, epoxy or something. Some lures even come in a translucent color, that when charged up with a flashlight, will give a weak, but visible glow for about 30 mins.
Hope this helps.
CUL8TR
><> ><> ><> ><> ><>-------------------o----------

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.