NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, going to do some surfcasting this w/e in nyc, and was thinking ive heard a lot of striper action is going down in east midtown by the un building. since the eart river is inaccesable from there, i thought about going to roosevelt island.
anyone fish there? is there a nice spot or railing on the south end? hows the railing on the west side? any fave spots there? thanks.

· Registered
2 Posts
I used to fish RI a lot. On the incoming tide the best place to fish is on the North end starting at the entrance to Lighthouse Park either on the east or west side. On the outgoing tide you can fish the north end or the south end. However, access to the South end is blocked at the end of Goldwater Hospital. Many of the guys that work on the sneak into the restricted south end and say that is where the best fishing is. They claim that they have takes some monsters from there. Everybody there fishes cut bait and be prepared to loose many, many rigs. The west side of the south end is easier to fish because the current is not as fast as on the east side, although some big fish have been taken form around the 59th St. bridge

· Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
monday night at the north end

monday night jtzannes and I went to the north end to try for stripers. no luck, but we saw a guy net a "28 inch" striper. same guy said sunday night saw 3 keeper bass and 3 big blues for the local crew.
we used bunker chunks/heads and clam off to the west of the lighhouse. not a bite. i got an eel, but stupidly cast it back out without a shock leader and lost it and my weight. we tried some lures too. no action.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.