NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Newbie to this forum.
I just got a Thule roof rack and would
like some suggestions on either building or buying (inexpensive please) a rod holder. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Sphynx

·
Registered
208 Posts
I built my own last season. Cut two pieces of flat wood to roughly a foot in length, wood was about three inches wide and an inch+ thick. I cut some PVC pipe into 1 foot lengths, drilled 2 holes through making sure the top hole was wide enough for the head of a screw and screw driver to fit through. Screwed in two screws per length attached each holder to roof rack using cable fastners and or light wire. This piece you attach to the rear roof rack as it holds the handle of the rod. Used standard rod cleats on the front plank, attached to roof rack the same way.
Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can't take full credit for this, a buddy at work showed me this and it works for the both of us. Buy those cheap rod racks from sports authority or models, foam and rubber or all rubber, Berkley makes them and so do others,(around $10.00) place them on your roof rack and use black zip-ties to hold them in place. No problems and have never lost a pole (knocking on wood).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.