NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone believe he didn't take steroids and Mcnamee and Petite are lying?

Today in the papers, it says Petite won't be asked to come before congress as he already gave his deposition and it backs up Mcnamee's story.

Meanwhile Clemens has been seen " visiting" with the very congressmen who are on the committee. Shaking hands, signing autographs, taking pictures no less!. Can you imagine if John Gotti did that? There would be an investigation into the investigation.

I think he's a dirty liar and I hope he burns.

This post edited by PURSUITWA 02:28 PM 02/12/2008

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
PURSUITWA wrote:

Me too, and I said in a thread here just before the Mitchell Report was released that I had him on my short list of steroid users;).

I think he is lying and I don?t (never have) liked him as a human being
; he was a great pitcher though.

I don?t really care about the steroid issue as I have always believed that baseball knew about it but turned a blind eye to regain fans after the last strike, but that is another issue.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Dude, just look at the size of his GIGANTIC HEAD.

75% of the league was juiced back then.

Who cares.

It made the game more interesting. Let em roid up.

We'll see guys hitting 90 homers.

Remember, chicks dig the long ball

·
Premium Member
23,846 Posts
When he did the press conf. I picked up on a few items that gave him away BIG time.
Please the man is guilty.

How about John Rocker dropping the bomb on MLB and his Ranger teammates at the time (AROD
)

·
Registered
380 Posts
It's funny, alot of these guys that beef up, think that the fans are stupid.

I mean cmon. Guys go from 12 homers a year to 40 in a flash.

Sosa, IRod, B.Anderson, Tejada, Magglio Ordonez, .......................................................................................

The list just goes on forever.

HoJo, Piazza, Palmiero, Bagwell, Biggio, Sheffield, Vaughn(Mo&Greg), Justice.

These guys were all mid 20-maybe 30 homers a year.

All of a sudden everyones hitting 40, 50, 60, 70

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really hope they get him for perjury
. Petite did it, admitted it, said he was sorry and all is forgiven. Don't lie under oath and you won't be prosecuted. Hoopefully his ego will get him in trouble.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think a huge majority of players use it and the reason Clemons isnt comming clean, even though the evidence is stacked against him, is he's trying to keep this clean image of someone who worked really hard and was able to play and still be a force to be a dominate player even in his 40's

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
Plugginalong wrote:
I think a huge majority of players use it and the reason Clemons isnt comming clean, even though the evidence is stacked against him, is he's trying to keep this clean image of someone who worked really hard and was able to play and still be a force to be a dominate player even in his 40's
Or perhaps make sure his ticket to Cooperstown doesn't get cancelled?:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
PURSUITWA wrote:
I really hope they get him for perjury
. Petite did it, admitted it, said he was sorry and all is forgiven. Don't lie under oath and you won't be prosecuted. Hoopefully his ego will get him in trouble.

I guess maybe that?s why I always liked Petite. He seems like a decent human being

Admit your mistakes, move on. We all make mistakes.

Roger?s ego?:rolleyes:

Is that the same ego that said he wants to go into The Baseball Hall of Fame wearing a Yankee cap, and if his plaque did not have a Yankees cap on it there would be an empty seat in Cooperstown?

That call may never come now Mr. Ego?..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Scott1280 wrote:
Plugginalong wrote:
Or perhaps make sure his ticket to Cooperstown doesn't get cancelled?:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
Exactly. If he didn't display Roid rage when he almost killed Piazza and threw the shattered bat at him I don't know what Roid rage is then Lol

·
Registered
47,014 Posts
I heard on the FAN that as much as 50% of MLB players are juiced. Do you feel as angry about the marginal player as you do about the stars?
If this story were about Scott Olsen would you give a dam?

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
crabman1130 wrote:
I heard on the FAN that as much as 50% of MLB players are juiced. Do you feel as angry about the marginal player as you do about the stars?
If this story were about Scott Olsen would you give a dam?

No because I don't even know who that is to be honest

I just hate Clemens and his holier than thou attitude when he's just full of crap. Same BS with Bonds. Palmero same crap. At least Macguire was smart enough to keep his mouth shut.

In reality, I really don't care if the whole league does steroids. Just admit it and stop trying fed us a bunch of BS. That's all.

Hopefully he'll just end up like her.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Is baseball that hard to play? You got to be juiced. C'mon. Yes it's a long gruling season but if you are in shape I am sure you would be able to handle it without some help. These guys are pathetic. I like baseball but they are putting a bad image on the sport ever since this steroid thing.

·
Registered
252 Posts
PURSUITWA wrote:
Anyone believe he didn't take steroids and Mcnamee and Petite are lying?

Today in the papers, it says Petite won't be asked to come before congress as he already gave his deposition and it backs up Mcnamee's story.

Meanwhile Clemens has been seen " visiting" with the very congressmen who are on the committee. Shaking hands, signing autographs, taking pictures no less!. Can you imagine if John Gotti did that? There would be an investigation into the investigation.

Ridiculous that he can go butter up the questioners before he testifies.

I don't believe him at all, he's long been high on the list of suspected users and the testimony of Petite and McNamee just adds to it.

What I can't understand is how could he possibly risk the consequences of perjury? I did read something today that focuses on part of his recorded phone call with McNamee - he is apparently very upset that his son's would think he cheated, could that be his reason for so for going to such lengths to try and clear his name. Or is he just delusional? He could go to jail.

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
Slacker wrote:
What I can't understand is how could he possibly risk the consequences of perjury?what ARE the consequences of perjuring yourself to a congressional committee?

1 - 20 of 183 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.