NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37,770 Posts
A perfect match

For that reel is a 6 to 6-1/2 ft graphite rod with a med. to med. heavy rating with cork handle.
As for which brand that is up to you,as the reel is only 50 bucks so you could probably find a good match with a rod in the same pricerange.

A matching Shimano rod is about $130.00, it all depends on what you want to spend, happy fishing

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Rod...

Nice little reel you have yourself.

I would match it up with an ultra-lite, 6 ft rod. Look for one with a fast or x-tra fast taper. The fast action will help alot with setting the hook when using lures.

If bait is you choice then you can go with a slower taper.

Take a look at the Shimano Compre line of rods. They have one that would be an excellent match to that reel...

Good luck

·
Registered
757 Posts
filo1 wrote:
I put that same reel on a st. Croix triumph ul. I think I paid 45 bucks from Dicks. Sweet set up IMO.

best rod i have 5' thing does not snap!lol ive sung trout like 19inches on it and its **** bent like its gonna snap and the thing just stays strong and its light weight. i have a shimano sahara on mine!

·
Registered
757 Posts
filo1 wrote:
I put that same reel on a st. Croix triumph ul. I think I paid 45 bucks from Dicks. Sweet set up IMO.

best rod i have 5' thing does not snap!lol ive sung trout like 19inches on it and its **** bent like its gonna snap and the thing just stays strong and its light weight. i have a shimano sahara on mine!

·
Registered
757 Posts
filo1 wrote:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Highly Recommended

Hey Squid......

I got this beatiful 6 ft.St.Croix Legend Ultra Light that I will let you have for half of the new list price.
It is in "As New" condition as witnessed by this Boards own Moderator "Flukerr" ............

Send me a PM and we can discuss the price, it is the purrrrfect match for your new reel.

:):):)

Toutog

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.