NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Captain Neil and I will be hosting a Basic Rodbuilding Workshop on Saturday, February 9th, 2002.

For additional information and registration please contact Al Goldberg at [email protected]

Hope to see you there.

Happy Holidays,

Al Goldberg

This message was edited by rodprof on 11-28-01 @ 12:31 PM

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,

This workshop on how to build fishing rods will be held at the K of C Hall in New Hyde Park.

This will benefit potential rod bldrs as well as just started and seasoned rod bldrs.

There will be many demonstrations on "how to".

There are a limited # of seats so contact Al Goldberg ASAP if you are interested.

The demos will be conducted by experienced rod crafters.

This will be a great local opportunity.

Capt Neil

Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil
(631)567-8049

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,

Here is a list of discussion topics covered;
Blank selection, materials and the spine
Selection of guides, grips and reelseats

Here is list of demos;
Fitting the rod to the angler
Gluing the grips and reel seat
Spining the blank and rod performance
Guide placement and the spiral wrap
Guide preparation
Wrapping and aligning the guides
Basic butt wrap layout
Finishing tips and techniques

This info will enable you to design and build your own custom rods. A great opportunity to see how it is accomplished first hand.

There is a limited number of seats. Register early!!!!

Capt Neil

(631)567-8049

This message was edited by Capt Neil on 12-1-01 @ 7:54 PM

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,

If you would like to know what rod building is all about, this is a seminar will do that.

The demos will show you everything. See it all first hand. Demonstrators are accomplished custom rod builders.

Capt Neil

(631)567-8049

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looking for a winter 1 day project?

Watch experienced custom rod craftsmen demonstrate how to build a custom rod.

$75.00 covers fee plus 2 coffee breaks and lunch.

Also a flea market on site selling blanks etc.

Capt Neil

(631)567-8049

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
This is going to be a great day. There will be a lot of information shared. The best part for me is meeting a lot of professional rodbuilders who are more than willing to help a beginner out. Make it there - I'm sure you will be mroe than glad that you did.

BIlly

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi.

If you have any interest in learning how to build a custom rod, read above posts for seminar info.

Don't wait too long as seats are filling up.

Happy Holidays to all,

Capt Neil

(631)567-8049

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Hi,

Now that the holidays are just about over, don't forget the rod building seminar being held Feb 9, in New Hyde Park.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Hi.

2 weeks from today is the rod building seminar.

A great opportunity to see first hand how amd why , also get all your questions answered.

Capt Neil

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With just a week to go final preparations are in full swing. It looks like we will have a good turnout. I just need to pray for continued good weather.

We will also have a great fleamarket at the workshop to purchase rod blanks and other rod building goodies at great prices.

If you really want to learn alot about rodbuilding please consider coming to the workshop. You can contact me for further info at [email protected] or call in the evenings at 914-923-1957.

Hope to see you there.

Al Goldberg

·
Registered
383 Posts
About the Flea Market do you have to sign up to go for it I may be interested in purchasing blanks
material etc. is this just for the people attending the seminar only? what time? is there a charge for just going to the flea market? excatly
where is it address?

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
dwk2252,

Hi, In answer to your question I have to defer you to "rodprof". Check his post prior to yours which contains his phine # and email address.

Capt Neil

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In response to dwk's question, the fleamarket is only available to those attending the workshop. However, Capt. Neil and I will have a booth at the Freeport show the following weekend and will have blanks and lots of other goodies for sale.

Al

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Dragman,

Hi. The hours are 8AM to 5 PM. There will be no vendors there. Several of the demonstrators will be selling blanks and components at a mini flea market.

The workshop is dedicated to providing demos on how to construct a custom rod.

Capt Neil

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.