NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
jonny b. If you've never gone to the Rockland show you got to see it! Tackle up the wazoo,guides, discounts, all the latest and greatest stuff. Must see! Check Davis Sports Shop in Sloatsburg N.Y. for discount coupons. They got them for sure since they have the largest booth there. Also the RECORD often has coupons. If you go to the show ask for Fitz at the Davis booth the guy knows everything from freshwater to saltwater fishing. Get you some butt kicking deals as well.See you there.

·
Registered
383 Posts
yes the show in rockland is great but there's one
going on this weekend in Freeport if your into Salt Water fishing it's great I like the show in rockland but I'm not into hunting, Fresh water,
but they do have plenty of Saltwater as well very crowded get there very early as far as bargains
they all have their pluses and minusus I really feel the show in Freeport LI has a lot of good bargains on Sunday they have an auction on a lot
of great stuff if your looking for good stuff at great prices I'd give this a look at

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Rockland show is always the biggest show in the area, but it does cater more to the freshwater fisherman. The Freeport show this weekend is pure saltwater, with quite a few of the local tackle shops there. Check out clubs from the area also. NO manufactures though. The seminars are much better than the other shows also.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Johnny,
I stopped going to that show years ago because it is about 70% hunting,28% freshwater and about 2% saltwater. Plus when its crowded,you have to park a few miles away and take a school bus to the place,it wasn't my cup of tea.
paulie

"Fishing with an Attitude"

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
This year's Rockland show should be better in terms of saltwater. I know Rich Johnson of The Fishingline will be there along with Ron Arra and Mike Laptew (awesome videos!). Lots of good saltwater travel info is usually there too.

If you go, go early so you can get a parking spot in the main lot. I hate being in the remote lots and waiting for the shuttle bus.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.