NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Nansea,
if your running a boat of at least 23 ft I reccomend outrigger poles,not the 4 ft booms.You will get a much wider spread.The wider the spread the more lures and teasers in the water.The more commotion on top of the water the greater your chance on hooking up.

"Fishing with an Attitude"

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Nansea,
for a spread I would fish 7 rods.Two rods straight back out of the rod holders,then fish two from you boom extensions,two from flat line clips off your transom and if you can one off your roof top or leaning post straight down the middle.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Nansea,
when I said teasers on top,I meant things like birds, chains or spreader bars.When you set out a spread,the more things you have dancing and fluttering on top can bring fish up from down deep,it really attracts them.I don't think it is the norm to be towing around a big single teaser on the inshore(within 40 miles)grounds.Well offshore(canyon)it would be helpful to raise marlins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.