NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 ft center console and I'm thinking of having it rewired...........anyone know of someone who can do a proffessional and reliable job for me?.........I can't even guess what kind of cost....anyone?

Southwest winds always.....Seaox

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
When you say re-wired are you talking the whole boat? Battery,trim,Etc.? Is the boat on a trailer now? If it is now is the time to do it because as spring rolls around you can forget about it. Mechanics are looking for work now. Try a few local places first and than go a little further away from home.

·
Registered
612 Posts
most reasonable "reliable" marine mechanics will charge a cut rate of about 50 an hour for labor in the winter as opposed to 75+ in season. i am sure there are some small guys willing to it cheaper but mostly you get what you pay for. i use chucks marine equipment in far rockaway they do all kinds of great work and maby they can help you. they are located on thursby ave.

tight lines...Anthony

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate your input guys..........I think I am talking about re-wiring just the accessories....main harnesses are in good shape.

But .lights.........gauges........electronics.

I would like to ensure I have solid connections and I would like to clean up the birds nest ythe boat has accumalated over the years.

Southwest winds always.....Seaox

·
Premium Member
3,244 Posts
I used "kopr shield" from thomas and bettes (T&B) on any place that wire did not have a sheath, push on connectors, battery terminals, any place where the wire will turn green if untreated.
Dielectric grease or battery dressing is not nearly as effective.

And I also paint "brush on electric tape" whenever I put a connector on a wire, to seal out the salt water.

Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.