NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Good news just keeps coming, latest grapevive news has permits will be issued starting March 15th with a goal of having all permits issued by May.

I will be going up to the DEP offices this weekend to get my Boat Permits done and also snoop around some. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

· Registered
16 Posts
I hate to sink your boat (pardon the expression), but I heard from DEP officials that they are still awaiting Federal approval before opening any of the reservoirs. This, they said, may not happen until the summer, if at all!

We may need to redo our tracks and start over with email and snail mail campaigns to open these "fishin holes!"

· Registered
191 Posts
What we need is an OFFICAL word on whats going on.

I just got word that they want to have them open them by April 15. There are so many different stories coming from different sources that we could really use some official clairification.

· Registered
16 Posts
I'm getting a somewhat distrustful feeling that the DEP, the DEC and the City government just don't want us on any of their reservoirs. It wouldn't be the first time they're involved in subterfuge. I just don't trust any of them, especially these bureaucrats and "pencil pushers!"
Seeing may be too late to save the season!

· Registered
32 Posts
Not to worry, guys. I understand that the press release will come out tommorrow and that reservoirs will open April 1, with access permit, of course. Apparently 12,000 will be mailed out tommorrow, March 20. I also hear that Kensico and Croton Reservoirs, not Croton Falls, are still under study and will not be open to boating for the foreseeable future. Shore fishing will be allowed though. That's the skinny from a pretty good source. Who knows though, right? Bill O'C

· Registered
191 Posts
KENSICO AND CROTON!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

think good thoughts, think good thoughts..

I've heard the rumors about Kensico getting a fence, but this is the first I've heard of Croton.

Yeah, your right about the DEP not wanting ANYBODY on the reservoirs, they never did. If it wasn't for the original agreement with area land owners that states "ACCESS MUST BE ALLOWED" they would build a brick wall around em.

· Registered
16 Posts
Let's give them through today to get the official opening announcement of the reservoirs. If this does not happen, we should consider a full-blown email/snail mail campaign to force them to do what was originally contracted...open em up for recreation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.