NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi.

The synthetic grips can be removed using a sharp serated knife. Any residue can be cleaned up with sharp single edge razor blades.

A double layer of cork tape can be installed.

If you prefer cork rings it is almost impossible to do a fore grip but a butt grip is possible.

If I can be of further assistance please don't hesitate.

Capt Neil

Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil
(631)567-8049

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,

I install the first layer of cork tape. It has adhesive backing.
I scruff up the blank area. Brush on rubber cement and follow drying instructions on bottle. Install the cork tape, gettin seams as close as possible. Mask tape the ends to hold in place. Let dry approx 24 hours.

Install 2nd layer of cork tape the same way. I offset the 2nd layer so the seams do not line up over each other.

To finish ends I install a short piece of synthetic grip material at each end. 1-2" long. When epoxy is dry I sand the piece to shape while turning the rod in lathe.

You can also use black electrical tape. Then carefully wrap black thread over the tape. Apply 2 or 3 coats of finish epoxy.. It will look great.

Have fun doing this.

Capt Neil

Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil
(631)567-8049

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.