NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
29,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is fisherwoman/mo effective immediately,fluke and porgies are now open all year round... fluke allowed 7 fish/17inches/porgies allowed 50 fish per angler at 11inches; striped bass eff. april 15th/28inches only one allowed per angler/december 15 through april 15 the season is catch and release only.... though...for stripers... mojoe

· Registered
587 Posts
Why such a dramatic change? I think it was fine the way it was, and changing the regulations will not do much. You have a chance of getting a fluke from end of april to beginning of october thats it. And for porgies, may to september. SO WHY THE CHANGE? have any of you caught these fish outside of the months i mentioned? When should the fluke and porgy bite begin? It should be delayed compared to last year. I am expecting to get my first fluke of the year in late may, same with porgies.

· Registered
29,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fishing also goes with the weather conditions

ny weather can change from hot to cold and then to warm you never know. last year on april 10th 2002 read my report caught flounder.... this year the weather is diffrent... its colder....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.