NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some feed back from you seasoned anglers. I am looking to put a reel on a custom 9 ft. Lami. I think I have it narrowed down to 2 reels. Both have sealed drags which is a plus. I am looking at the Cabo 30 or the Penn Slammer 360. I was leaning towards the Penn because parts should be easy to come by if needed. I am also looking to put 20lb Fireline crystal braid on it. This will be my spring time rod. Any opinions on this? Or maybe some other suggestions? Thanks Gene

·
Registered
137 Posts
The cabo 30 is a small reel. Not sure of the action on your 9 footer but I would look at the cabo 40, it's not a bad reel. I've also used the fireline crystal on that reel but did not like the line at all. The line is very wire like, doesnt cast well and is not as clear as you would think...it's more white than clear.

·
Registered
168 Posts
New Shimano Spheros

Shimano just released a new version of their Spheros series, which gets a lot of praise on the forums. I'm looking at the 8000FB for my Lami 10'. Retailers are unloading the original FA series at a discount, too.

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
I have a penn 710 on my one piece 9' st croix, nice match feels good.

Saving my pennies for a VS100 for the st croix 7'... dream pole for me I'll use that the most through the year. Right now it has a 712 on it nice reel too.

Of course you can't get them anymore since those Genuiuses at Penn replaced them with those cheap Chinese knokck offs..(wouldn't gt any of those).. they'll still caharge you the old US price though

Look at some Avet reels too,,, american made

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.