NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey there
On the oil/grease question, I like to go light.
I clean it all out with WD40 and then I dry it out a little, and then as I am rebuilding the reel, i touch it with 3in1 oil here and there. I find that the light oils leave the reels more free to move about. It feels better when the reel is moving smooth and has less friction, and that is easily attained my the light oils. :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
For all of the precision parts of the reel that spin (e.g. bearings, spindle, etc.) I use CorrosionX; it bonds to the metal and reduces friction. For gears, just a little good 'ol Penn muscle grease, enough to quiet any grinding noises and make the reel smooth.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
If the reel isn't goin to get wet (as in surf fishing, underwater etc) I like Super Lube. But it turns to gunk when it gets water mixed with it. :(

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.