Here's there number and Info
PENN FISHING TACKLE MANUFACTURING COMPANY
3028 WEST HUNTING PARK AVE.
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19132-1121, U.S.A.

PHONE: 215-229-9415

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shimano Covers fit the Penn reels pretty well. You have to compare the reel size to its Shimano equivalent and then go by their recommendation. I use them interchangably between my Penn and Shimano reels.

·
Registered
13,647 Posts
NetKeeper wrote:
Shimano Covers fit the Penn reels pretty well.
LOL, I think I may be a bit anal as I would never put a Shimano cover on a Penn Reel.

I like the Armadillo reel covers for my smaller reels but they are made of a neoprene type material which repels water, but they not waterproof. For my big guns I like to use the Canyon Products yellow reel covers. They are made like Grundens, waterproof. The only thing with these is make sure you have them on snug, and the rods must be holstered correctly, meaning reels facing forward otherwise they can fill with water.

MakoMatt

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I read, I think in BGFJ? to use shower caps. If you're not all anal about looks that might be the way to go. Or if you are, just put them on when you get out of the inlet.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shimano Cover On A Penn

Matt,
I am with you, No shimano cover on a Penn. I am not really that concerned with the looks or the spray. I run with the rods up high on the tower when they are outside. My main concern is having them bounce off each other in the cabin or the car on the ride down.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am not a big fan of the Shimano cover on the Penns but I couldn't find a penn cover either. I got the shimano tiagra cover and it works well, perfect fit, and is padded. I think most of the scratches come from transport in the car when all the rods are stacked on eachother.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.