NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 20 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Pickled BullHead Filets

Hey Zakwman,It looks like a great receipe for ****tails,gotta get a smoker now,.What a excellent way to preserve excess fish ,it says alot about your skills as a fisherman if you have such a abundance of blues you have to smoke them.Here is my Pickled bullhead Receipe:
2 Onions
2 carrots
2 garlic clove
2tsp salt
2 cups water
1 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
4 tsp pickling spices
Approx 2 lbs of bullhead filets(Any kind of filets will work)
Put all the items into a pot,bring to a boil(like the one on your Back)simmer for 5 minutes ,remove from heat and add the fish,pour into tight sealin jars and refrigerate.Serve as a cold dish with crackers or on a bagel.Its a party fav whenever I entertain.ENJOY AND KEEP THOSE CONCOCTIONS COMING.Just be careful squeezzzzzing those cheeks as a little gas might occur and you might clear the party if you not careful.

· Registered
25 Posts
Zak

Hey Zak ,If my memory serves me right didnt you have a Booth at the Yakkers 2001 show at the Javitz Center in manhatten showing this exact filet technique.Where was everybody?. Along with the rare "Filet and Release "program you tried to get enacted as law in newyork.It looks like some of the yakkers in the discussion board might have been hit with a oar,how else can you splain it!!!

1 - 4 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.