NorEast Fishing Forum banner

READ THIS REPORT!!!!!

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  MakoMatt 
#1 ·
Hey, seems liek using a "intersting" headline will egt some views and repleis for me...............Does anyone know how the Captian lou is doing on there half day trips and do u know how they did on there all day Raritan Bay trip? if you know please reply
thanks - nutsea ostrander

#5 ·
Read this....

Capt Lou half day trips are catching only about half the amount of fish as the full day trips. The boat is fast but the fishing is slow, so you could say it's "half fast". Half the boat has anglers that know twice as much as the others who fish twice as hard. If each half of the boat switched sides and doubled their efforts they theoretically could do twice as much or half as bad. Some might even double their catch. The only exception is the days when there are some smart "slackers" on board. They know twice as much but fish half has much losing double the fare in poker games. All things being averaged, I'd have to say the odds are 2 to 1 that the full day trips in Raritan are having double the success, particularly when you consider that the fare is not twice as much. But then again you can only catch 15, which happpens a quarter of the time.

Any other questions?

(This post edited by Mad Mahi on 04/09/2003)

#8 ·
GunIT,

...be yourself and never give in to pressure to change who you are...but,

If you want constructive feedback...
be a straight shooter and I'm sure you'll find people are more than willing to help.

PS: I haven't been on the Capt. Lou recetnly nor know of the reports.

#9 ·
Hmmm...

Nightcaster,

Does that mean I am half full or half empty on the wit? If so, which half? Because, if one part is half empty, and the other is half full, I can take both halves and make it whole!!

Still, better than being half baked!

(This post edited by Mad Mahi on 04/09/2003)

#10 ·
Gunit,
I don't appreciate being misled. Do it again, and I definitly won't read the threads that you start, even if I have info that you're looking for. Be honest, and if people have info to post, they will. It's obvious that because of the weather we've been having, almost no one has been going out and therefore there are hardly any reports. EC Newell man posted a raritan bay flounder report a few days ago on the ask the pros board. Did you see that?

MadMahi, when is NBC giving you a sitcom (or at least letting you to write one)?

(This post edited by quiknet on 04/09/2003)

#17 ·
GunIT, last weekend I saw the Captain Lou Flounder fishing right in front of where I keep my boat on Hudson Canal. I did not see any fish come over the rails. I was working on my boat and would watch him from time to time. He fished the same spot 2 times a day Saturday, and Sunday.

MakoMatt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.