NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
yeah i use that on my bro's boat,an 18' parker. it does the trick ,picking up pieces in the bay. I havent used it in water deeper than 40' though. Also,as far as the fish symbol goes,I find that it shows every piece of seaweed as a fish,either that or there are always a ton of fish under me and im the worlds worst fisherman.But like i said,for a bay runabout,its fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had the 365 for 2 years now. Does the trick... You can adjust the sensitivity and the first thing you should do is turn off the fish symbols, like the previous guy said, it determines everything to be a fish...

If you find after you mount it that under speed the depth works but while at rest you get nothing, you need to adjust the mounting one way. If you have the oposite problem (depth works while at rest but not under power) adjust the sensor to tilt more towards the bow...

2 years, no problems, worth the money.

Richie

·
Registered
82 Posts
very reliable

I have used it for two seasons: very reliable. I use it in the Long Island Sound, works from the shallows right to 120' and if mounted correctly(the key to most depthfinder problems), I get accurate readings even at cruising speed.

I have found the fish symbols very productive. When it lights up, the bunker and bluefish are all under the boat.

The speed function is also very accurate, agreed totally with GPS plotter. For the money, it's my choice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.