NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Steve ,
Not sure as to what type of fish/fishing you are talking about , but some of the best days I have ever had in terms of numbers of fish caught have been on drizzly days and days of light rain.
This has prevailed from northern canadian lakes to steelhead fishing in Oregon on the Rogue river. It is probably a combination of many factors; from increased O2 levels stimulating fish to eat , noise reduction on part of ************* and the lessoned ability of fish to see beyond the surface. Who knows, fishing in the rain never killed anyone and it is better than sitting at home. Go for it. outlaw

·
Registered
404 Posts
************* (the fish-erman)

auto-censure on heightened state of alert?

set,
opinari

ps. ok, then what got deleted in the previous post?

pps. now i see.

This message was edited by OPINARI on 1-12-02 @ 10:09 PM

·
Registered
487 Posts
I love rainy days. I caught my biggest Blues in those days. Yes, the rain create disturbance for the baitfish.

For herring it depends. In winter time it is a yes and no. That depends on the air temperature and the wind speed. If it is just rain with temp in the 40+ it is good but less it is a big NO. Low temp may not affect the fish but it will make you catch a cold or pnemonia. The exception is snowy days. I remembered fishing on a snowy day and I got lots of herring.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The edit was for mentioning another publication that some obviosly consider competion and you are not allowed to mention any articles from that other mag, as if buying that other mag would stop me from getting a free copy of noreast at my local B&t

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Steve20 wrote:
How productive would it be fishing during rainy days like today? How would the hearring or whatever type of fish out there now react?

Hello Steve20,
Sorry for the delay... but to answer your question, it really depends!

If you are targeting herring - The best days are clear days or nights. ... But I also fished it during the first few hours of rain and caught plenty! However, I also noticed if it rains a prolonged period of time... the bite will shut down due to too many freshwater intakes and it usually takes a few tides to change the bite.

Also? Don?t forget to dress accordingly because one can get REALLY sick while fishing during winter rainy days.

So, remember, dress warm and dry!

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
404 Posts
outlaw,

you asked me - "why the edit?"

not sure i understand your question.

if your asking why your post was edited, it was because you used the word "the" in front of the word "fisherman". the auto-censure sees that as the name of a competing publication, and automatically zaps it.

if your asking why my post was edited, it was because it took me a couple of experiments to figure out exactly how that works. the word "fisherman" does not get deleted unless it is immediately preceded by the word "the".

i really need to go fishing.

set,
opinari

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thks ALL..

As long as I know there will be some possibility of action during rainy days depending on the temp and season.. I'll keep my hopes UP!!!!

-Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.