NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since I may not be online when I wanted to start this on New Years :rolleyes: I figured I would get it up here while the thought was there
(and to keep Sortie from doing it) ;)
Looks like after last years successes
perfect weather for each and every one
how many you guys going to do this coming summer :confused::confused::confused: I think 4 would be a good number to shoot for

The best spot so far has undoubtedly been the Sand Hole
but the pressure has been building for one out in the Norwalk Islands and possibly one back over in Greenwich

So lets start hearing everyones thought and then Skip can come in with all tide and current facts and plan everyones routes and arrivals
go gettum Skimp

I will do my best to get back up here and make an appearance at one somewhere

This post edited by Mentalfloss 06:47 AM 12/26/2007

Attachments

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Onemoredrift wrote:
Maybe I can get sis so come again.
Pirates Cove
. Dale you should have one down in Florida. They have unbelievable raft ups down there

Some guys dont miss a thing

This post edited by Flukinicehole 09:13 AM 12/26/2007

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Hey Dale, don?t you think it is time to start the 08 Northsider?s holiday party thread? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Personally I like the idea of four different locations.
Varying the locales makes it interesting.

Sand Pit (my Fav)
Tower Island
Captain?s Cove
Norwalk Islands - If you recall, we were going to do our last raft-up here and the weather stopped all but HOAF and another boat from showing up.

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
Onemoredrift wrote:
Maybe I can get sis to come again.

HMMMMMMMMMMM. OMD and OMD SIS. Sounds like your throwing out the "Chum" to see what will bite !!!
;);););););):):):)
. DAM don't make me come down there !!!;););)

Don

I like the Pic. !!

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
We're in for sure!!
Just don't mention them to my daughter or she'll start with "so when is the raft-up" in JANUARY!?!?
She's cute but I don't know if I can stand 6 months!

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scott1280 wrote:
We're in for sure!!
Just don't mention them to my daughter or she'll start with "so when is the raft-up" in JANUARY!?!?
She's cute but I don't know if I can stand 6 months!

She have an email address Scott :confused::confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
2008 Sand Hole raft-up dates

Sunday, June 22 (high water 1430 hrs)

Sunday, July 20 (HW 1330)

Sunday, August 17 (HW 1220)

Sunday, September 14 (HW 1100)

please note that these dates were selected for mid-day high tides in Oyster Bay (the approach to the Sand Hole hasn't claimed any of us yet, and I'd like to keep it that way). October's raft up may have to be scheduled for another venue.

p.s. I have NOTHING planned for this summer as yet, so spare me the snide comments about the raft-ups revolving around my prior commitments.

This post edited by SORTIE 04:03 PM 01/02/2008

·
Registered
601 Posts
Skip, your September date has high water at 11:00 which puts low water at 17:00 which, based upon past experience, is when the raft is breaking up. I think you really need to have high water closer to 14:00 hours to pull a raft up off sucessfully, at least at the sandhole, or even ****enoe for that matter.

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
this summer is tough to plan, Rob. while I agree that 1400 is ideal for high water, it doesn't exist at that time on many Sundays.

let me look at September again...I couldn't even schedule something for October for the Sand Hole.

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
try this

Sunday, June 22 (high water 1430 hrs)

Sunday, July 20 (HW 1330)

Sunday, August 3 (HW 1330)

Sunday, September 21 (HW 1630)

Sunday, October 19 (HW 1520)

obviously, HW at 1530 of 1630 implies low six hours prior, but better to be 'fresh' on the way in via low water and approach on a rising tide.

This post edited by SORTIE 05:07 PM 01/02/2008

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
MM, go ahead and start a thread for Block Island.

With marine gas headed to $5-6/gallon I'll be limiting my runs to the immediate vicinity in 2008. I would be happy to meet the gang there via car & ferry!

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
SORTIE wrote:
MM, go ahead and start a thread for Block Island.

With marine gas headed to $5-6/gallon I'll be limiting my runs to the immediate vicinity in 2008. I would be happy to meet the gang there via car & ferry!

The great salt pond is on the mainland!

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
SORTIE wrote:
the one I know is on B.I. (there's another on St Kitt's, but I was pretty sure that was too far a run for you).

where is your inland Great Salt Pond?

You're thinking of the body of water on BI that is called "new Harbor." The Great salt pond starts inside the harbor of refuge just west of Point Judith and is bounded on the east by Galilee and on the west by Jerusalem at its entrance (both communities in the town of Narragansett). It extends northward to the community of Wakefield, just south of U.S.Rte 1, which is in the town of South Kingston.

1 - 20 of 563 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.