NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading out to the race this weekend and wanted to know of some good tips for catch the cows. I plan on using Bucktail and Pork Grinds. Is 1.5 oz bucktail a good size???? Has anyone been out there recently..... if so how is the fishing.. I am taking my own boat so any information will be helpful..

Tight Lines to All

·
Registered
175 Posts
What I find the best is to use a three way rig. Attach the jig to the 3ft or so leader. One thing I have found it to make sure you are bouncing the bottom, but keep it moving or you will snag the bottom. Good Luck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
3 waying is the only way to go!Lime bucktail with green pork rind on it did us fine a few days ago.Just pay attention to your drift, while playing fish we had a few close calls on the wild wave action! Plenty of fish out there! Good luck!

tite lines +calm winds WEB

·
Registered
60 Posts
Options 1, The only thing you are going to catch is bottom. Stay in Porpoise Channel fishing for snappers on umrella rigs.

Just kidding ya, I wish I could be there.

Keep your ears on and your lines tight

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Hi,

Bring heavy sinkers up to 20oz just in case there is a little wind vs the current. I like cannonball sinkers but they are hard to find. Green bucktails with red searind works good also along with white and yellow. If the wind is too much consider the gut.

good Luck
Capt. Marc

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The tackle suggestions you received are good. To handle the heavy lead the rods should be
on the heavy side. Above all, watch this place. It can be a very nasty place to be. Wind against the tide really stacks "em UP.
Capt Larry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.