NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a Man Over Board Button on these units? If not, Is it easy to mark a waypoint? I want to be able to make a spot very quickly while fluking. Also, how good is the mapping feature? Does it give good depth and contour lines for Raritan Bay / Sandy Hook ? Does it show the depth of channels with the standard charts that come with the unit.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Garmin 498

The Garmin 498 has a man overboard button. Can be used to mark a spot

THe unit will also give you a return route from where you started.

It basically has a nautical chart loaded in so it will give you bottom depth contour ect just like a chart.

Very good unit for the cost.

I use one and am very pleased.

Capt Rich Cloonan

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
You can also save a waypoint by pressing and holding the "ENTER" key for about 2-3 seconds. This opens up a window that allows you to enter the waypoint with a default number beginning with 001, or whatever you choose at that moment. Of course you can always rename them at any time to suit your needs.

I would check with Reckoning marine Discount, one of the NOREAST sponsors, to see if he still has some 498C units in stock. I know he got a few of them around the holidays!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.