NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Bassmaster...beautiful work...as we've come to expect from you. You know, I've got a couple of old pikies, one from the 50s or maybe early 60s and I notice they made them thinner back then in proportion to their length...are you guys building them thicker for any special reason or is it just the way you're turning them?

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thanks, BM...I've noticed that a few times & wondered about it...I imagine in the old days they probably came up with a compromise shape & ran them off that way...another advantage of make-your-own....you can design 'em the way you know they'll work best for your particular location...

Still wondering when the lure companies are gonna get smart and snag a few of the guys building plugs to help them design their lines (and maybe get them to smarten up a little about the need for quality in the stuff coming out of the factory...are you listening you marketing execs over at Gibbs?) ;)

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gibbs stole My idea.......
I am being looked at......
I may be doing it for cash on side.
shops want My plugs But I dont feel like pumping them out...
Rather get high end doe on cusom work..

Plugs not drugs..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.