NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AHOY FELLOW YAKKERS..................
I AND A FEW FELLOW PUNGO FISHERMEN HAVE DECIDED TO HOLD PUNGO-PALOOZA 2002 ON SATURDAY AUGUST 31st. WE SHALL MEET AT THE O.B.I. ALONG OCEAN PARKWAY AT 4:30 pm. LAUNCH TIME IS SET FOR 5pm. WE WILL BE HEADING WEST ON THE CHANNEL SIDE, AND WITH A LITTLE LUCK, WE WILL ARRIVE AT ZACHS BAY BY 8:00. THE EVENING WILL THEN COMMENCE AS ROBERT PLANT AND THE WHO TAKE THE STAGE AT THE JONES BEACH THEATER. SO COME-ONE-COME-ALL !! YOU DON'T NEED A PUNGO TO PARTICIPATE IN PUNGO-PALOOZA 2002. ALL AND ANY YAKS ARE WELCOME. WE DO INSIST, HOWEVER, THAT YOU COME EQUIPT WITH A PFD, A LIGHT (BEST IF BOW-MOUNTED), AND AN AIR HORN (IF POSSIBLE) C'MON, GANG. LET'S MAKE PUNGO-PALOOZA 2002 THE ONE TO BEAT!!! A BALMY, STARRY NIGHT, AN OCEAN BREEZE, YOUR YAK, AND THE WHO........
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE...LET'S ROLL!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pungo Palooza

Im still recovering from Pungo Palooza 2001 and already 2002 is here.What A Blast Festival 2001 was, Who could forget Aerosmiths Steve Tyler looking out at the Bay and seen all us Yakkers there Partying it up and singing that encore as we sat there in the water with our Bic lighters going..Any TRUTH to the Rumor I heard that Flea and the lead singer from the Red Hot Chili Peppers might show.,PUNGO AND ALL.See Ya there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ZAKW
Any place nearby that we could crash after the show?Maybe set up A CAMP PUNGO/Bivouac in the Area .Im bringing supplies like its going to be a party/bender like you havent seen since the US festival.PUNGOHEADS know how to PARTY!!!Rowing back after the show last year really killed my BUZZ,thats a long way back to zaks bay)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Count me in. I'll meet you there. But instead of launching from O.B.I. I have the Night Fishing Permit so I'll park in Jones Field 6 throw my kayak on the cart walk it across to Zach's Bay launch it and I'm a 2mins paddle from the stadium. See you there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FLYRODDER, YOU DOG

YOU BRING UP A GOOD POINT. THE DISTANCE FROM O.B.I. TO ZACH'S BAY IS APPROX. TEN MILES AS THE CROW FLIES. PERHAPS WE SHOULD CUT SOME DISTANCE, AND LAUNCH FURTHER WEST. NOT ONLY IS IT A BETTER IDEA TO SHORTEN THE PADDLE WEST TO ZACH'S, BUT IT WOULD MAKE FOR A MUCH LESS STRESSFULL PADDLE BACK AFTER THE SHOW. THEN, THERE'S ALWAYS HADDOCKHEAD'S IDEA OF BEACHING THE YAKS AND CRASHING FOR A SPELL BEFORE THE EASTWARD TREK. HOWS-A-BOUT SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR A CLOSER LAUNCH POINT ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Field 6 you need a permit. Not sure if you need a permit to park for Jones Field 10 the fishing piers. Thats not a far paddle to the stadium probably a little over a mile. But for anyone thats looking to beach there yak and camp out,crash out I would advise you to bring a real real good insect repellent. That whole area from WE2 to O.B.I along the shore is so infested with mosquitos at that time of year you better be prepared.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ZAKWMAN WILL YOU BE WETTING A LINE THIS YEAR DURING THE PALOOZA FESTIVAL?I DO RECALL YOU PULLING OUT A 6 LB FLATTIE DURING THE SHOW LAST YEAR WHILE CREED WAS ON THE STAGE.(AND TAKING THE POOL MONEY, FROM THE REST OF US LOSERS FOR A TOTAL OF 350.00$)PLEASE REFRESH MY MEMORY ,HOW DID WE GET THE KEG OVER TO THE BAY AND DO YOU STILL HAVE THAT FLOATING COOLER WE PUT IT IN(THOSE SUDS WAS MIGHTY FROSTY? WHATS UP WITH FLYRODDER ?TELL HIM THAT A FEW SKEETERS WONT STOP TRUE PUNGOHEADS FROM SETTING UP TENT CITY.REMEMBER PUNGOHEADS DONT LET PUNGOHEADS ROW DRUNK!!!!!!CRASH THE NIGHT AND ROW BACK IN THE AM.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KEG FOR PALOOZA 2002 ?

MAN, HADDOCKHEAD, DOES THAT EVER JOG MY MEMORY. HOW WE EVER THOUGHT WE COULD FLOAT A KEG ALL THE WAY TO ZACH'S WAS BEYOND ME. BUT FLOAT IT WE DID, MY FRIEND. IF YOU RECALL, CAP'N FIL-REL BUNGEE'D HIS KID'S TOY BOAT BEHIND HIS KAYAK. THE KEG NESTLED SNUGGLY ON ITS SIDE IN 5 INCHES OF CRUSHED ICE WAS NO TROUBLE TO PULL. ( IT WAS A QUARTER KEG ACTUALLY). CAMP PUNGO WAS A BLAST AND I SEE NO REASON WHY IT CAN'T HAPPEN AGAIN. NO MORE OF THIS YAKKIN' ABOUT SKEETERS. ONCE THE SUDS ARE FLOWIN' AND THE STOGIES ARE A-GLOWIN', I'LL BET YOU CREDITS TO NAVY BEANS THAT NO SKEETER WORTH HIS SALT WILL BE HANGIN' AROUND CAMP PUNGO ! AS FOR WETTING A LINE, I'LL BE ARMED TO THE TEETH FOR BASS & WEAKS. I INTEND TO TROLL BOTH A LEADHEAD WITH WORM AND A RED AND WHITE 6" BOMBER. (I SHALL TAKE NO PRISONERS. IT'S GONNA BE A STRICTLY "FILET-N-RELEASE EXPEDITION....tee-hee) FIVE BUCKS SAYS I DECK A KEEPER BASS BEFORE YOU HADDOCKHEAD AND ANY OTHER SCALAWAG WHICH THINKS HE CAN OUT FISH THE ZAK MAN...........

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
LINE IN SAND IS DRAWN

ZAKW THE CHALLENGE IS ACCEPTED !!!ALTHOUGH I AM STILL RECOVERING FROM THE PUNGO/PORT JEFFERSON FERRY ACCIDENT.(THE PARK CITY TOSSED ME INTO THE ROCKS COMING INTO PORT EASTER WEEKEND,THANK THE GREAT SEA DOG IN THE SKY I WAS BUCKLED UP AND WEARING A HELMET OR I MIGHT NOT BE HERE TODAY)WELL,MY LEG WILL BE OUT ITS CAST THE END OF JULY AND MY SHOULDER,WELL IT MAY NEVER BE RIGHT AND CATCHING FISH IS THE PERFECT RX TO BUILD THE MUSCLE BACK UP, EITHER WAY I KNOW I CAN STILL OUT ANGLE YA WITH ONE GOOD ARM.i GOTTA TELL YOU THAT PALOOZA CONTINUES TO IMPROVE YEAR AFTER YEAR,ALSO KEEP UP THE GREAT MODERATOR JOB,YOU GOT THE BEST DISCUSSION BOARD ON THIS SITE.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.