NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed Surf Guide Bill W's link from this site to his and noticed that he pretty much publishes his fishing log on his website. I'm curious. How many surfcasters who keep a log would consider doing this, even if it resulted in some sort of an extra income. No offense to Bill. It's just that his total openess with information seems to contrast with the approach of most surfcasters I know. My log? Nobody sees my log. Nobody can buy my log. Guess I'm selfish.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Bill is listing his fishing reports, not really a log.

Many guides, charters and party boats have a fishing reports section on their sites too.

Good marketing idea for a guide.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An almost daily accounting of times fished, conditions, lures used, fish caught, and location. Pretty much all the things that go into a log. But I see what you mean, by publishing detailed accounts of his fishing trips on his website he's pretty much following in the footsteps of another well-known surf rat/guide, Rich Johnson.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
With Bill's system he can add as many reports as he wants, as often as he wants, as detailed as he wants. It's his call. And a very good way for people to keep coming back to a guide's site.

Rich posts reports from his advertisers and sponsors as well as his own experiences. Also a good way for people to keep returning to his site.

I trust that both gentlemen know what is best for their sites and businesses.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.