NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in a previous post that I should fling the eel out and begin a slooooooooow retrieve. If I use this method on the party boat I go on, I don't quite know if it would work... for the following reasons:

1) The boat is drifting in a pretty fast tide.

2) If I cast my eel out, I will have a hard time holding bottom cause the tide will push on the line/eel and raise the eel off the bottom. (The boat uses 5-6 oz sinker with a fishfinder rig)

3) When I retrieve sloooooooooowly against the tide, the other people would be drifting their eels along with the tide and I will cause tangles. :(

So, how should I apply this eeling technique?

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
If you're on a party boat, and assuming the boat is going for bass and eels are the technique being used, almost certainly the boat will be drifting so no, you don't need to cast or retrieve the rig. That's for surf fishing with eels. Most likely on the boat just let it down to the bottom, maybe take a crank or so off the bottom, and hold on.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.