NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're so freaking expensive. I was wondering where you guys get your cartridges for your home inkjet printers. I have an HP 6110 all in one printer that takes #56/57/58 cartridges -black/color/photo. In the stores like Staples, they run about $48 on sale for the comb pack ( 1 black/1 color).

You guys know of a reputable online place that sells cheaper? Are the remanufactured ones good? Can they damage the printer?

Just looking for some thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
17,305 Posts
I buy all replacement cartriges through Staples. I buy them as remanufactured and do not have an issue with any of them. Many copier and printer manufacturers will tell you the remans will void warranties and damage the equipment to prevent you from using anything but OEM cartriges. Not only is this information wrong it is also illegal.

Remanufactured toner cartridges are 100% compatible and fully guaranteed, matching the standards and performance levels of OEM cartridges. Original manufacturer warranties will NOT be voided as a result of using remanufactured toner cartridges (Magnuson-Moss Act 1975).

Many of the big companies like HP and Dell now sell remans.

This post edited by fish4me 10:51 AM 01/08/2008

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
fish4me wrote:
I buy all replacement cartriges through Staples. I buy them as remanufactured and do not have an issue with any of them. Many copier and printer manufacturers will tell you the remans will void warranties and damage the equipment to prevent you from using anything but OEM cartriges. Not only is this information wrong it is also illegal.

Remanufactured toner cartridges are 100% compatible and fully guaranteed, matching the standards and performance levels of OEM cartridges. Original manufacturer warranties will NOT be voided as a result of using remanufactured toner cartridges (Magnuson-Moss Act 1975).

Many of the big companies like HP and Dell now sell remans.

All true.

HOWEVER, I find that the remans, no matter what the source, do not give the same volume or quality (color printing, especially photos)as the 1st gen. OEM cartridges do. Comes down to the "you get what you pay for".

I have found the cheapest for OEM 1st Gen. is INKSell.com

INKSell.com

The OEM HP # 56 in TWIN Pack is only $35.97:

#56 OEM TWIN PACK

They also sell the remans and the refill kits

·
Premium Member
23,846 Posts
Joe, thats whats nice about the 6. If lets say yellow goes you dont need to spend $35 on a color cartridge just $12 on yellow.
IMO canon makes a very nice machine. In my last job I leased 2 of their big time color copy/ fax / scan machines and they were the best i've ever seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.