NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Repowering a Grady White 1990 25' Sailfish with transom braket. I currently have twin 200 Yamaha's. May repower with twin 150 Yamaha's. Any performance input would be appreciated from owner with same boat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go with the 200's Yammies, I had an '89 Sailfish and got lots, and lots of hours out of my 200 Yamahas. I repowered with another brand of engine and was very unhappy. The 200's are the way to go with that hull. Good luck with your repower.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 89 sailfish with 2000 twin 200 EFI merqs mounted on the transum and very happy with them.The only thing i had to get used to is the fuel consumption..coming from a single chevy 305..This is the first year i had it,but otherwise i am very happy with with power...Hope this helps .
CMR

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a question unrelated to your topic. How do you like the Grady? I looking to replace my boat and have been looking at 1980's models of Makos and Boston Whalers as well as newer Parkers. How do you like the way the boat performs in choppy seas? How is it in the ocean? How is it when you are drifting in the bay? I would appreciate your comments.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
If you are going new look at the HPDI series. I have a single 200 on a 23 Parker Sport Cabin. The boat with fuel (150 gallons) and the engine weighs in at about 5500 lbs. I run the boat at about 42-4600 rpms and burn about 10-11 gallons an hour. Top end 52-5600 depending on conditions and it burns about 18 gallons and hour. The engine runs guiet at and idle but is about the same as a saltwater series EFI. I don't know the fuel cosumption for a grady but my hull has a 21 degree deadrise with a 8'6". I aslo use my trim tabs often. The HPDI has 3 engine 150,175,and 200 now, but I heard a rumor that Dec 19th they have a meeting with there dealers about mew modells coming out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.