NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just switched to Power Pro. Before I did that, somebody already mentioned that if using light-weighted swimming plug, pull the line tight out of drag before casting and retrieve.

But if using heavy lure (2 oz,) then it's not necessary to pull tight every time.

I use several 2 oz lures, but I still get 2 tiny knots. And during a bait cast, the line snapped right where the first small knot was!

Could anyone please explain how to avoid the small knots altogether.

Thanks.

· Registered
264 Posts
PP knots

I avoid most knots by using a retrieve grip similar to a pencil popper grip on all retrieves. Hold the rod above the foregrip and pinch the line between the thumb and forefinger. This keeps the line tight on the spooland ready for the next cast. Also the 50lb is much easier to handle than the 30lb and less prone to windknots and more abrasion resistant.
Shag

· Registered
38 Posts
Clearblue:

Sorry for the late response. I agree with Shag & IBEW. IMHO, PowerPro is the most sensitive, abrasion resistant, yet knot-prone braid manufactured to date. I've used it extensively for about four seasons now - I love it and hate it. The 50# will give you the least amount of grief, and 'loading' the line seems to help, but casting into a 'head' or 'cross' wind is suicide. I carry a small, undressed bucktail to pick-out the knots I can't undo by hand, otherwise I cut back and retie. Others have reported PP wind "knot-mares", too. I've had very few problems with Fireline and mono, which I also use, depending upon the surf location and lure. I hope this helps.

Chris Marino

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.