NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Personally I like Fireline.
Fished all season long with the same line. Maybe one or two wind knots in the beginning but I think thats going to happen with anyline you use out there.I used power pro for a short time and didnt like it at all.I encountered alot more problems and felt the line was not as strong as fireline.
I was going to experiment with whiplash this year but after what happened with power pro I 'll stick with my fireline!
Gear I use:
10ft st. croix penn 704z
9.6 breakaway penn 6500
8.6 st.croix penn 6500
all spooled with #30 fireline.

Local 1049

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
power pro

I use power pro. I think its awsome. All I know is it held up to 4ft Jackcrevalle (est 55lbs) from 11am to three pm. the only reason I did not land the fish is because I was fishing super lt tackle for sea trout down In Jacksonville A few weeks ago. We chased the fish for 5 miles out to sea. i think the line still would have held but the waves were breaking over the bow of the small low profile flats boat that I chartered, capt said I had to try and horse the fish in or we might sink.. 20lb power pro 10lb spinning rod 4hr fight I have no problem with strength or knot holding ability. Im not nocking any other braid but power pro works for me!!!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
leader length on braid

That depends on what you are fishing for. If i am casting i tie a 12in piece of flouro carbon to a small spro swivel. If i am bottom fishing for tog or seabass i like to use 10 to 15 feet tied with dble uni knot. this serves two purposes. one it is a good shock leader(graphite rod) two it is easy to untangle mono than braid especially when its cold and my fingers are not working

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.