NorEast Fishing Forum banner

PORGIES, PORGIES, PORGIES!!!

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  EC NEWELL MAN 
#1 ·
hey guys, all of august i have been killing the porgies. i took abot 3 feet of line tied a hook on a dropper looop, then added another hook 1 foot under it. in between, i put 3 1/8 splitshots. on the hook i put a tiny squid strip. can i consistently catch porgies all thrhough october???? i know the season closes haloween, but is the bite consistent within the next couple of weeks?

#2 ·
Porgies Leaving?

Well Fluke kid there is no set time porgies will leave. It all has to do with the water temps, and bait. But my suggestion to you is Monday it reopens to the general angler so Get your self back down and beat on them again! But take only what fish you'll need to eat!
As far as when they will leave you'll know when they have stopped biting. This can happen over night. For a pier fisherman it?s hard to tell but from a boat you'll start seeing them in deeper water as they migrate out for the winter Good luck!

#3 ·
Season closes end of November this year. Porgies will stay as long as water temps remain warm...the big fish will push out into our east and southern reefs in October. Right now, you best places would be right were you are fishing, but becareful since the recreational season opens Oct. 1.

EC NEWELL MAN>>>>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.