NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that it has been proposed before, but shouldn't we create a Party Boat Board? I know some of the issues related to not having one revolved around boat bashing by people who may get skunked, have an axe to grind, etc.

But for me, I find it would be informative. For instance, I have only been fishing avidly for roughly three years. Since I do nothing but shore and party boat fishing, I've gotten to know most of the boats in the western sound area.

I'm not saying I'm an expert but most of us know that certain boats are better than others, specifically when targeting different spieces. I believe most boats have redeeming qualities as they relate to their knowledge of targeting differnet types of fish at differnt times of day, differnet locations that are "theirs", different times of years.

By getting skunked and having extraordinary catches, I've learned a lot and wouldn't mind sharing the information that took me three years (and a lotta bucks) to aquire.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great idea.
Like yourself I to started fishing 2/3 times a week about three years ago. I do all of my fishing from Party boats.Mainly in Sheepshead Bay. I did go out to Huntington on the James Joseph for Fluke, and enjoyed myself and caught a large(for me) 81/2 lb fluke. I would welcome a party boat discussion board.Went bottom fishing on the Royal sunshine on 12/6 I caught 1 keeper Black and a nice Ling. I go nuts when I see short and I MEAN short fish 8"-9" -10' go in the pail.

This message was edited by Digitalguy on 12-7-01 @ 6:11 PM

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also do 90% of my fishing on party boats. Trying to rate a boat would be tough because not everyone has the same criterion on a good boat. I also believe that when most of us (me included) try not to spread the word to much so we don't get crowded out of our favorite boats. It's almost like your secret fishing spots we keep them secret except for a few good friends. Like most of us the relationship you build with the mates and the skipper go along way to making the experience an enjoyable one. Also the guys & gals who fish have to intermingle in a friendly (competative) way. Tight Lines, Lou

fishon

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Lou,

It would not be a question of rating a boat as much as it would be for informational purposes (ie where the fish are biting, how to, etc.). Of course we all have our favorite boats and I can see nothing wrong with recommending one. I do it all the time as I want the owners of good boats to do well and I want other people to catch fish also. I really doubt that there are too many secrets when it comes to a boat's ability to catch fish. My favorite boat is the Dauntless out of Point Pleasant and even on weekdays during the winter they carry 20 or more people every time they go out. On weekends I have seen the boat maxed out with 100 people on board on many occasions. Their formula is simple--THEY CATCH FISH. Any boat that consistently catches fish will consistently carry people.

Gamakatsu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.