NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and myself decided to get serious and had no luck this past thursday. We both have very young kids and don't get many chances to go. We check the tide in the newsday, it said something like High 9:30pm,slack 11pm(best I can remember)Anyway we head over at 8:30 with some eels and lots of warm clothes. 11pm rolles around and we're still drifting in(west under the bridge) The way I understand is you really need an out going tide over there...when would this be? I asked my local bait guy and he says he's not familiar with the south side. All I want to know is when will it run out? The tide charts refer to the inlet and not the bridge. We ran 2 lines down just off the bottom and I let one eel just run out the back..no luck, We froze and couldn't wait for the tide to change and run out...

Is the plug in?

· Registered
178 Posts
Hey Firewood,

I fish the Ponquogue very often, about 3 times a week.... Go to the tide chart on this website, that is the best since they actually have the Ponquogue Bridge.

Also, I've been seeing that the fishing has been good just after low tide, for about 2 hours, then it's good from slackwater high tide to low.

Just look at the tide charts on this site and you'll get all the times you'll want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.