NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP The Mrs bought me a surf pole for Christmas because she wants to go surf fishing (yes that's right). Like to make or buy a a good pole holder for the beach. Have my own boat but I'm a novice in the surf. Any suggestions?

This message was edited by Jstenf on 2-14-02 @ 6:16 PM

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you would like to make your own find a pc. of pvc pipe 2" i.d. a min. of 3' long. Make a slash cut on one end 12" long,a hand saw will do. Find a metal funnel 6 " across. Set the funnel up right on a table[point up]. Place the other end of the pipe down on top of that. Now take a heat gun and heat the pipe thats sitting on the funnel/till it gets nice & soft. Take the pipe off an place it on a hard surface and push down. That will flatten out the end of the pipe.When it's cooled off remove .Now you have a rod holder that will hold any fishing rod. The best part is you can sit on it to push it into the sand and the reel arm has a nice flat surface to rest on & not a sharp edge that will take the paint off the reel. You can make the pipes 4-5' long if you want to fish the jetties ; sometimes it's along way to the bottom between the rocks. ---good luck--- capesams

you can

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellows. I think I'll go with the do it yourself route. I like the idea of the heat gun and rounding the top. By the way I've also softened PVC with a 500 watt halogen lamp. Works good if you don't have a heat gun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.