NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for (2) solutions. I am trying to find the stainless steel wire used in making plugs/poppers.I am also tying to repair some plugs.They are Atom Striper Swipers,the problem is they are cracked after being banged around on the rocks.They seem to be made of some sort of styrofoam.Is there some type of epoxy that would work?Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

· Registered
959 Posts
Hi EP,
As to the SS wire, you can get that in 36" lengths at any welder's supply company...they use it as a standard thing & you can buy it pretty cheap in bulk...if you don't have a supply company around you let me know & I'll get you the address of a place that will ship to you.
About those striper swipers, I know what you mean...they hit a rock they often crack right across the body...I've used two-part epoxy to fix them and it works pretty well...use wax paperto wrap the plug after you epoxy the crack, then remove paper after it dries...the Atom bodies are a type of resin, I think and the epoxy seems to do it. I use the kind that comes in two plastic "hypodermic needles"...you push the plunger and it flows out in the correct proportions...I squirt right into the plug crack, stir it a bit with a toothpick and wrap with wax paper...haven't had them re-crack in that spot again...but that's probably just dumb luck...

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.