NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Like those poppers, I do a plug like the top one;)
hay check this one out , Its not a Popper but it slams bass...
I have to take some picks of some poppers, to put up....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Surf_caster

Home Depot carries a large assortment of gromets. In the tool department you will locate them. I get mine there, some time i dont even use them.

always gottafly

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dstratrap (aka Bassmaster): Nice plug!! What did you use for the tail?

Surf_caster: I use brass grommets. I usually get them from a hardware store or a fabric store.

Tight lines,
Bassholl

G

·
Hi BassH... Im using a spinner, a colorado blade, I think I always get confused, But if You put one on the Butt use a spro swivel to stop the plug from twisting...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Okay...I know this isn't a saltwater lure, but it's very effective on South Shore Largemouths (MA). I've caught some big ones in the Nip and even the Taunton river. Never fails to get a bite. You wouldn't think you'd get that kind of performance from an in-line spinner! :)

Doesn't look like much...but here it is!

- Erik
Bridgewater, MA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thought I'd add another photo for your amusement. These are the very first lures I ever made. The top one falls on it's side and has never caught anything but the bushes. I hooked a good-sized bass on the bottom one until the original tail hook broke loose. Now they're just pieces in my lure collection. :)

- Erik

·
Registered
981 Posts
Try that top one on the next bluefish blitz that you run into...that'll break it in properly ;)
I wonder if it's harder to get just the right balance with a plug body that's other than round since you can't test by rolling it...nice to have those first efforts around so you can measure progress on the later ones...thanks for posting the photos, Erik

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
BassHoll,

You make some of the nicest lures of seen. Thanks for replying to my inquiry earlier about the material used behind the science. I am still confused about one thing. Are all you guys just buying wood dowels to start the process? By the way I'm from Babylon and it is nice to know that some quality stuff is made just up the road. Get back to me if you can ([email protected])

somoan

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
somoan,

Thanks for the compliment. Likewise, I am happy to see someone close by interested in plug building.
To add to your confusion:
The only plugs which I make which I prefer to use dowels on is darters. All of my other shapes could be from round or square stock. However, I could shave down square stock to make a darter. Since, I don't make plugs in a large volume, I use whatever wood scraps I can get my hands on!!! I hope that helps. Since you live so close by, I could show you the process that I use to create my plugs. If you are interested, e-mail me at [email protected]

Tight lines,
Bassholl

This message was edited by BassHoll on 1-8-02 @ 11:10 PM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.