NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long day in the library, ate dinner, called up Jeff to go fshin...out we went. 5 min walk from our dorms we were fishin, half hour went by with no luck, Jeff went upstream and I fished the pool I started in, threw the mini golden rapala into the current...let it slide into the backwater and BANG! Hooked what appeared to be a big brown at least 20 in. couldnt budge it and pulled the hook after a few seconds sending the rap into the woods behind me, bad hookset o well. Got Jeff and went back to the pool frustrated and determined. Cast a few times, nothing. Made the same cast that hooked the fish before and it jumped back on. Jumped and splashed like a banshi, finally got control and grabbed it before I lost it again. Surprised to feel scales instead of skin...Nice 22 1/2 inch walleye to add to the fish tally, took a few snapshots and sent her home. Lots of fun on the new untralight!
Til' Tomorrow

HOOOOOD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
Nice job Harry!!!!!

I didn't catch half the fish you guys have been catching up there. I have never landed a walleye while I have had them on. Great reports and pictures man. Let me know when the pike finally show................Chris

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quake

The fish bit like crazy the week leading up to the quake on saturday....we helped a few woodchucks fill 2 pails with bullhead and perch in about an hour just for fun, then i caught and released a 4 lb. smallie, you could see the bullhead swarming like bees in the current, fish breaking water all over...smallies, suckers, lakers, walleye.... it comes alive on warm days, never know what youll pull up next kinda like back home in the salt, this place is awesome.

HOOD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.