NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been fishing the saranac and ausable. Buddy Tim got a nice 16 inch native brown in the no kill section of the ausable, Buddy Dom took 2 browns in the saranac near morrisonville and i got 1 brown in the same spot and a 4 lb smallie at the mouth of the saranac all in the past couple weeks, we are wet some lines in the saranac this afternoon after classes, let ya know how we do. We are looking for some small ponds that hold trout that can be reached from shore since we dont have a canoe so we'll see how that goes...cant wait for the star island tourney in june!
Hood

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK day, Dom caught another brown in the saranac and I fell on my ultralight trying to shimmy down some steep stuff when the rock i was standing on gave way and the tree i was holding onto uprooted and snapped it in front of the first guide, finally got down to the pool and had a hit on the first cast with my "new" 2 foot ice jiggin' rod but didnt get a hookset ...o well, prolly back out there again tomorrow

Hood

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This Afternoon

Tried Macomb State Park for an hour with no luck, headed to the Saranac in Morrisonville...same place i broke my rod...first cast with new rod BAM! Nice brown...great rod, attached a picture of the fish, will be back out again tomorrow.

HOOOD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.