NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a pack of tiny Jigs called "Little Tough Guy,"
or something like that. they are tiny, metal, fish-head like jigheads with an inch-long rubber squid-like tube on it. The tube is like a tiny freshwater "Canyon" Tube. I wanted to try it for snapper blues in the spring. But, there was plastic or glue stuck over every eye on every jig,:( so I can only use the soft plastic on a regular hook near a sinker. I tried to use a needle to poke through the eye, but only succeded in snapping the needle in half.
In the past, I have tried to needle open the middle of the ball in the jig, but that wasn't exactly a succes either.:( Is there ANY WAY to get the stuff out of the eye? If not, any suggestions on how to fish the tube?

CUL8TR

·
Registered
826 Posts
DRILL BITS!!

You can always use drill bits. Drill the center out that works well.. If that does not work try a small ice pick with a hammer should do the job.. If that doesnt work?!?!? THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE!!! hahah... The drill of ice pick should work with a hammer just be very careful.. you can also try to hammer and large hook thru there.. That might work out pretty well... Dont forget safety first! Wear some glasses bc i have seen stuff fly!! and wear glove in case something hits your hand like a hammer!!! I am a little tool illiterate sometimes so i wear gloves. hahah
good luck!

·
Super Moderator
10,365 Posts
Do you own one of those inexpensive little pick/scriber combo tools? Like $4 at Home Depot? Take a look below.

If you heat the point of one of these almost redhot and use it to probe/clear those jighead eyes, it oughta make short work of your problem.

Best, Lep

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
answer to your problem

Get yourself an "Eyebuster". They are sold by Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc. They are used to remove the paint from jigs.

****, I have learned something living in the Midwest!

A New Yorker in Exile,
Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.