NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you go with the Saltiga 6500 or the Stella 20000. I plan to have either loaded with 80lb. and use for jigging and popping. It would not be a go to reel as I prefer conventional, but want to use it on a couple fish per season.
Another thing to consider is that I could possibly get the Saltiga for less money than the Stella. It would be a used Dog Fish (black model) but with only 1 used trip under its belt and a couple boat rides the other times.
Thanks for advice.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I happen to love my Penn 9500ss have caught sharks and tuna on it great reel. for what you want to do the bigger the better IMO

This post edited by STRIKERTHREE 08:57 PM 01/16/2008

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
capttrav wrote:

Another thing to consider is that I could possibly get the Saltiga for less money than the Stella. It would be a used Dog Fish (black model) but with only 1 used trip under its belt and a couple boat rides the other times.
Thanks for advice.
If you can find a Saltiga cheaper than a Stella, get the Saltiga as Saltiga is more expensive than Stella.
It is your personal preference whether you choose a Saltiga or Stella as both reels can do the job done.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have tried both and I ended up purchasing many stellas 2-10,000 and a 20,000 they are the best reels I own. The drag is incredibly smooth and the power is second to none

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.