NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While at the N.Y.C. boat show, I picked up two rods from the Boater's World stand. If anyone went to the display at the show, the rods were 15-30# stand up rods, two for $80. I purchased two Penn Senator 113's reels to mate up with the rods to do some striper fishing with. I know the reels will never go to waste being that with minimal maintenance my grandkids will be fishing these reels(I am 38yrs. old and my oldest kid is eight), but did I over do these rods with these reels?I did buy the rods on a whim, which was probably Boaters' Worlds intention putting them up for sale 2 for 1 at NYC's biggest show? If anyone else saw or bought these rods, what were your intentions for these rods?

Thanks,

Rob,(out of the all new Jones Inlet)

This post edited by railroad124 11:53 PM 02/01/2008

·
Registered
689 Posts
In my humble opinion you did not over do these rods with those reels. They are fine, have fun. I believe the senators are more of a trolling reel with a slower retrieve than say the penn jigmaster or squidder but they will be fine. I believe your set up will be just fine for anchoring with clam bellies or any thing else you may want to do.

Enjoy your new set up.

This post edited by MistyTom 10:02 PM 02/05/2008

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.