NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Might have something to do with how Aussie dollar performed against the greenback as of late. Much more likely, though, is that the clever Penn marketting people want to compete in the US against the cheapy Shimano Trevallas. Aussie market has much better access to high end Japanese style rods, so Penn went for that presumably more popular market segment.

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main difference between Australian models and US models except the price is Australian Models are two-piece while the US models are one-piece.
I found two-piece Japanese style jigging/popping rods don't lose much their actions as two-pieces are connected very close to the reel seat. It is very convenient when travelling by air as you can bring the short rods as carry-on items.

·
Registered
336 Posts
What is the max length for a carry on rod case?

Penn is probably targeting the average "Joe Blow" at lower end sporting goods stores with this new rod. For 99 dollars, I don't see it having any backbone. The last thing they need is a few thousand broken rods. There are a lot of people out there that will spend 99 verses 400 or more on a jigging rod.

I'm the opposite. I won't even pick up a rod at a warehouse size sporting good store.

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mrbill1 wrote:
What is the max length for a carry on rod case?

I think they allow rod case as long as it fit in a compartment. I flied with two-piece OTI popping rods (just about 5 ft). I tried Jet Blue, Continental and Delta.
The only time the rod case was not fit in the compartment was when I flied on a Delta airplane. But they stored it in a closet for me.

This post edited by KILSONG 12:59 PM 02/12/2008

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.