NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went bailess, i am now hooked and will never go bail again. One thing i have noticed is while casting sometimes the line would catch the on the winder part of the reel and the line would snap. From the force of the cast or the position of the handle it sometimes swings around and catches the line. So to fix this issue i have loaded the inside up with a heavy grease, it seems to have done the trick, and no dificutly reeling. But, if any one has any tips on this matter please send the in. Thanks

always gottafly

·
Registered
126 Posts
So AFTER you went bailess, you can still get caught up on the handle?

Fustrating but the bail on my 712Z flipped on me and I lost a Yozuri!

Do they make a bailess conversion for this reel or is there only a kit for the 704Z

Thanks

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Gottafly,

Try making sure that the roller is at 180 degrees to your index finger when you cast. This should help a lot. Topgun, I take the bail off every spinning reel I own, I CAN'T STAND bails. Just remove the bail and leave the roller. You should also leave the spring mechanism on the opposite side of the roller in order to prevent a weight imbalance that will cause the reel to wobble when you retrieve the line.

Gamakatsu

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
I agree with Gamakatsu. I went bailless this summer and except for tossing bait I wouldn't go back!

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.