NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to determine if there's a way to extend the pedestal my driver side chair sits on. The pipe is 4 inches in diameter. I'd like to get at least 6 more inches of height. I have several options in mind like building up the base or having an extention pipe welded on. I'm leaning more towards having an extention pipe welded on. If you know anyone in the freeport area who does this type of work let me know. I would also like to hear any other options. Thanks

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
There are extensions made, tough to find. I bought two a few years back. Try West Marine or some of the catalogs. Mine are adjustable & raise the seat about 6 inches. They just drop on the pipe and the seat drops into the top of them. May be made by Taylor, I forget.

Bill Sullivan
Jones/Debs editor
Nor'east Saltwater

G

·
try cabellas or bass pro.....i have seen extensions in both their catalogs....also arrigoni design which is in clinton CT is another source....

good luck

capt jack

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying. I called Fred Chall Marine supply in Freeport inquiring about the extensions and was told, "they aren't made and don't exist". I wasn't going to give up that easy. The next call I made was to Freeport Marine Supply who did stock them. I took a ride over there and they did in fact have the extensions. They sell it as a two-piece set, a six inch extension pipe and a coupling. It was about $80 for the set. A little more than I wanted to spend. Also, considering that I could replace the entire pedestal for between $30 and $55(depending on the size) it seemed a little unreasonable. Problem is, the base on my pedestal isn?t standard. It has a slice taken out of it so it?s basically shaped like a D. Also, I called West Marine but they don?t stock them. At least they didn?t tell me they didn?t exist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.