NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
LOL - I was thinking about resurrecting your thread today!!! welcome back. SO now the big question - now that boats are going for local cod - have you got a piece of the action?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Unfortunately Jat, there are no partyboats targeting cod from Captree during the week. However, I'll let you know when the Captree Princess starts targeting them again which shouldn't be too far into the future.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have seen a lot of scuttlebutt about cod off long island and it has me interested in making a trip down as it is only a four hour ride. So who is targeting them and how much are the fares? I see Capt. Al mentioned. Are they bait dunking or using jigs? I would hate to show up with my 60 pound GOM tackle box full of jigs if not needed. Thanks for your info, HB

·
Registered
252 Posts
IF THIS HELPS MOST OF THE FISH FALL UNDER THE 22" SIZE LIMIT , THERE ARE KEEPERS TO 28-30"6-8LBS. I PERSONALLY HAD SOME FISH ON 6OZ JIGS. BUT THE FRESH CLAM ON A HI/LO BAIT RIG IS WORKING BEST.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Jay, Cod are a legendary creature that used to be plentyful off the south shore of Long Island from November to March and beyond. If you search your memory, you will find numerous references made durring your employment under one Arnold "Speedy" Hubert. Rumor has it that they are making an appearance off our shores once again! Un like stories of ther Loch Ness Monster, these sightings of cod have in fact been confirmed by many reliable sources. Walt took his boat out Saturday with 3 other guys and they kept about 25, thowing back more than that. On Thursday, Tommy on the Al has aprox. 50 keepers and just as many shorts. Interestingly, I was told that the fish were spitting up PEANUT BUNKER of all things! Today would actualy be the day to be out there, but here I am stuck behind a desk.

And don't get me started with the "Green Bonita" crap again! Some people got very upset with Paul and Myself last time.

Paul, it looks like you may have 9 or 10 people interested here. Only 15 more people and you can pay for the fuel....for one day.

All kidding aside, it is very good to see the cod showing up this year, even if they are on the "smaller" side. Let's all hope that this is not a one year "freak" occurance.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.