NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read some posted reports about a Capt Dave out of sheepshead bay,brooklyn doing a number on seabass and blacks since opening day of tautog.
can someone tell me where he is and what's the boat name,what time he sails? thank you.
And if you had to choose,which one would you go on,Capt Al out of pt lookout or capt Dave out of
sheepshead bay.I'm new to both of them and I'm right in the middle of them driving wise.
Thank you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Capt. Dave is a Sheepshead party boat run by Dave Paris. He sails at 9AM for blacks, seabass and porgies. I was out yesterday and the pick was slow.
He also sails at 7:00PM for stripers.

Good Luck
Chris

This message was edited by seamurph on 10-14-01 @ 12:44 PM

·
Registered
398 Posts
i've never been on the capt. dave, but i used to bottomfish on the capt. al until a few years ago.
if the al is still the same boat. it was a crowded,slow ,wet, sloppy pig of a boat. but if there were bottomfish to be had, that boat would be on them!

set,
opinari

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey you can try the flamingo, it's behind the movie theater next to the lobster house in Sheepshead.. not too sure about the time..
You can call them as well, their number is on this web page..
I've gone blue fishing and always walked home with fish.. I hear now that there is much more various fish out there now..
Post a report after you go..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys for the info.
well,i ended up going on the Capt al after all..
Seas weren't friendly that day ;-( but let me tell you that fishing was great.never saw so many
seabass(all keepers) since God knows how long !!!
had some for dinner as a matter of fact & it tasted reallyyyyyyyyyyyy goodddddd lol.
the only thing is,just wish he would change that boat for something bigger,faster and somewhat
drier boat. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.