NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
LMAO I`v had one concussion in my life. I`v raced bikes,quads, played football,soccer and still play hockey. Had a q/ mile drag car the list goes on but the only time I got a head injury was while sledding. Anyone who is familar with Rocky Point L.I. I went down the Broadway beach clif about 10 yrs. ago.I was knocked out for about 10min. We were going so fast my buddy ended up in the water he couldnt stop in time. The only reason I didnt go in the water was I got knocked out and was laying on the sand
. I can laugh now but till this day can not do a flip any more I get dizzy.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
the article neglects to say how much Waukesha County had to pay poor Emily Ziebell after she lawyered up. I don't see Wisconsin health officials suddenly becoming so shocked at the sledding accident frequencies enough to recommend police radar enforcements.

What does PO Trussoni do when he "pulls over" a 13yr old with no ID? Does he take him "downtown" for questioning with the spotlight and rubber hose?

I used to soap up the rails on my Flexible Flyer and find the steepest hills in Westchester when I was a kid. After a few oak trees and jump airborns I went through at least one or two sleds a season. Helmet? you're kidding, right?

This post edited by dawnpatrol136 09:45 AM 12/26/2007

·
Registered
649 Posts
Did the above posters even read the article?
The officer was asked by a HOSPITAL to get an idea of the speed of sledders.
nowhere is it stated that the officer was there for any sort of enforcement.

he could have smiled though!

·
Registered
24,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My friend has a 6 foot toboggan which seats 4 pretty comfortably, which is a lot of weight hence speed. We used to get liquored up and hit the hills, usually with some sort of jump set up at the bottom. I was usually the driver because I could steer well enough with the side ropes to hit the jump, but that front position is the hardest spot to get out of if a tree is coming.

Amazing how far apart the four of us would land in the snow after the jump...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
fair enough, but who PAYS for this officer's time while he's taking pictures. The hospital officials need to estimate an EXACT speed of a sledder? :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

I think the officer's presence also is a deterrent. But those county taxpayers are paying for it.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
dawnpatrol136 wrote:

I used to soap up the rails on my Flexible Flyer and find the steepest hills in Weshchester when I was a kid. After a few oak trees and jump airborns I went through at least one or two sleds a season. Helmet? you're kidding, right?

I used to sand down the rails on the sled with really fine sandpaper (320 or so) and then put several coats of wax on them.;)

Went so fast down the 18th fairway at Smithtown Landing I went through the hay bails (hit the seam in-between two actually) , broke through the flimsy snow fence and came to a halt on the bank on the other side of the little frozen pond.

What a ride!

Living life can be a little dangerous sometimes, that?s what makes it fun.

·
Registered
41,913 Posts
SHIVA wrote:
Did the above posters even read the article?
The officer was asked by a HOSPITAL to get an idea of the speed of sledders.
nowhere is it stated that the officer was there for any sort of enforcement.

he could have smiled though!
i dont need to read to see a jack ass
how much money did they blow on that

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
Don't worry...

The topography of Waukesha makes Long Island look like Colorado!

My brother and I had "all year" sledding on LI. We took one of those plastic "kiddie pools" in the shape of a boat and sledded down the sand dunes of the North Shore around Miller Place. Now that's sledding!!!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Koz54 wrote:
dawnpatrol136 wrote:

I used to soap up the rails on my Flexible Flyer and find the steepest hills in Weshchester when I was a kid. After a few oak trees and jump airborns I went through at least one or two sleds a season. Helmet? you're kidding, right?

I used to sand down the rails on the sled with really fine sandpaper (320 or so) and then put several coats of wax on them.;)

Went so fast down the 18th fairway at Smithtown Landing I went through the hay bails (hit the seam in-between two actually) , broke through the flimsy snow fence and came to a halt on the bank on the other side of the little frozen pond.

What a ride!

Living life can be a little dangerous sometimes, that?s what makes it fun.

ahhhhhh....the good ol' days, Koz. 320 grit? you little McGyver, you...lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.